START SIMPLE…Here are some easy changes that can improve your health and protect the river.
- Spread The Word -- Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, and share Pure Potomac with your friends
- Make a Pure Potomac commitment.
- Donate to Potomac Riverkeeper
Here are some actions you can take around your home....
- Choose personal care products, foods, toys, and garden products with no or few endocrine disruptors. Learn more: www.ewg.org, www.cosmeticsdatabase.com, www.healthystuff.org, www.panna.org/resources/advisor
- Safely dispose of unused drugs and other chemicals– DO NOT FLUSH them down the toilet! Learn about National Drug Take Back Days in April & October. If you live in West Virginia, you can find a pharmacy that takes back drugs here. Locate programs in other states at www.disposemymeds.org.
- Filter your drinking water. Learn more: www.ewg.org/tap-water/getawaterfilter
- Store water in glass or stainless steel containers, or in plastics that don’t contain BPA or phthalates. Microwave food in ceramic or glass containers
- Give preference to food grown without pesticides, chemical fertilizers and growth hormones.
- Click here for 10 Things You Can Do to Protect Your local Rivers & Streams!